Having a strong brand is a leadership requirement and essential to career advancement. You are the CEO of your own self. You are not defined by title or job description, you are defined by your brand. Your brand is your reputation, and the process of building that name for yourself. The more you do to cultivate your career brand, the more successful you will be.
Branding is best defined as a promise, a promise of value, a pledge of quality, a promise that this person is better than all the competition, a promise that can be delivered. It is the essence of the sum total. It is developing your image. Career branding is all about image and connection between you and your target audience.
What can your Personal Brand do for you?
1. Help you connect and verbalize your vision, purpose, and passion.
2. Clarify your values and goals so that you can genuinely speak of your skills, talents, and strengths that others are seeking.
3. Identify best-fit environments by assessing the attributes and cultures of those environments.
4. Define your role as the “expert” in your subject matter, and the go-to person for leadership in your industry.
5. Create personalized marketing materials and a plan that will resonate and differentiate you from the competition.
6. Communicate that message, advancing your career in the direction you wish to go.
Do you know what your professional brand is? Contact me today at JulieMendez@jsmcareercoaching.com so that I can help you!